Welcome to Georgia's Journey

Georgia Lily Lucas was born at home on October 6th, 2008 4:15am, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) on April 1, 2009.

On April 3rd Georgia was taken home, to be near her sisters and the rest of her family and friends. Nearly three weeks later, on April 21, 2009, she died peacefully -- in the loving arms of her mother and in the same room in which she was born.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thank you Ellen!

Mike and the girls just left so I sat down to the computer and played TO WHERE YOU ARE by Josh Groban on you tube. This song always seems to give me comfort even though it makes me cry. I can't tell you how many times I have listened to this song over the last few days. Sometimes I'll scroll down and look at the related videos and I found one of Josh and Ellen doing a duet. I went from crying to smiling to laughing within a couple of minutes. I consider Ellen a gift to mankind. I watched her show almost everyday in the hospital. It was often the only show that I watched and somehow she always made me laugh even in my darkest hours. If anyone ever gets a chance to meet Ellen (maybe some of my American friends)please take the time to thank her for sharing her gift. Laughter is amazingly powerful!

I am now on my way out to look for a pink shirt for my husband! : ) That or a tie.

Love to you all,

Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the only answer to great heartbreak
    is to laugh.
    - Alison Stormwolf

    Wishing you lots of "Ellen moments"!
    Love and Hugs for tomorrow and the days ahead,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kristen and Mike,
    Even though I am not physically there with you, I am there in thoughts. I love the video of your beautiful family. Thank you for sharing this. I wish that in time, the rawness of your pain will diminish somewhat and that all the happy moments take over and help make sense of Georgia's passing. She is lucky to have lived 6 perfect months with you. Some people don't have that in their lifetime. When I look for beauty, I will watch this video over and over. You give the real meaning to life...love, patience, honesty.
    Thank you Kristen,
    Marie-Josée xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed before being published.