Welcome to Georgia's Journey

Georgia Lily Lucas was born at home on October 6th, 2008 4:15am, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) on April 1, 2009.

On April 3rd Georgia was taken home, to be near her sisters and the rest of her family and friends. Nearly three weeks later, on April 21, 2009, she died peacefully -- in the loving arms of her mother and in the same room in which she was born.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Want to be Inspired?!

Want to be inspired? Go check out www.gwendolynstrong.com and see what they have done. Today is June 21st, Father's Day, 2 months since Georgia's passing and Gwendolyn Strong is on her way to meet her 103 year old great grandfather. They have left in their RV that is covered with stickers promoting SMA awareness. Their story is being covered by several papers in the States.

Go check out love in action!

Before signing off I have a few thank yous tonight, three to be exact.
Thanks Dad for teaching me how to be strong and not be afraid to love. Thanks for teaching me to have the courage to get back up even when life knocks you flat out.

Thank you Bob for raising the man that I chose to marry. Thank you for loving and playing with all 3 of your granddaughters with joy and enthusiasm. And, thank you for teaching me more about Canadian and American politics than any girl could ever imagine. : )

Thank you Mike, husband that I love and father to our 3 beautiful daughters. Thank you for working so hard to take care of us and make us laugh. Thank you for holding my hand, being my rock and at the same time my safe place to land. Thank you for the 3 most precious gifts that life has ever given me.

Happy Father's Day!

Love to you all,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before being published.