Welcome to Georgia's Journey

Georgia Lily Lucas was born at home on October 6th, 2008 4:15am, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) on April 1, 2009.

On April 3rd Georgia was taken home, to be near her sisters and the rest of her family and friends. Nearly three weeks later, on April 21, 2009, she died peacefully -- in the loving arms of her mother and in the same room in which she was born.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Moment

Today was yet one more rainy day among the many that we have had this summer. I don't think that we have reached the normal high for over a month. We were supposed to go to the always loved Tinkertown but because of the rain our friends invited us to go bowling. I immediately said that we would join them before realizing where we were going. We ended up at the same place that we were on March 15th. The reason that I remember this is that it is the last place that I took Georgia besides the hospital and then home. It had been Calla's birthday that weekend and we had met a few of her friends at the bowling lanes. I remember the kids having a blast but it had been a very stressful day for me because I was watching my baby get sicker by the hour.

After I had agreed to go bowling over the phone I considered calling to ask if we could change the location but changed my mind. In the end, we were late so I didn't even have time to think as we arrived at the bowling alley. We ran in, greeted our friends and immediately walked up to the desk to get shoes for the girls. As I was putting on Maya's shoes I was startled to hear "Buffalo Soldier" by Bob Marley playing. I stopped and looked around for a minute thinking, "This is just too weird." Not more than a couple minutes into the last place I had ever taken Georgie and the song that she took her last breath to was playing. This time however, it wasn't the soft lullabye version. Instead, my angel had sent me the very happy dance version and I found myself smiling, grateful for happy memories and grateful to be surrounded by such amazing friends having fun.

Love to you all,

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that brought tears to my eyes. Your precious little angel was there by your side, as always, helping to make your presence there as easy as possible. Good for you for going Kristen, I know it couldn't have been easy the moment you realized, but now I'm sure you can see you were meant to be there-there was a plan!! I am so glad to know Georgie is there, always looking out for her Mommy, and sending her 'hugs' in any way she can. Love Em

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed before being published.