Welcome to Georgia's Journey

Georgia Lily Lucas was born at home on October 6th, 2008 4:15am, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) on April 1, 2009.

On April 3rd Georgia was taken home, to be near her sisters and the rest of her family and friends. Nearly three weeks later, on April 21, 2009, she died peacefully -- in the loving arms of her mother and in the same room in which she was born.

Friday, September 4, 2009

The Meeting

Thank you to everyone who came to the meeting last night. I think that it went really well and am confident that Georgia's Journey of Hope will be a big success. Several of the volunteers took tickets to sell to family, friends and coworkers. If you would like some tickets to sell please let me know. Please note that you don't need to have a ticket to get in the door. You can just pay the $5.00 entrance fee as you arrive.

My ever so creative and generous friend Tanya(the one who made the bracelets) also came up with the brilliant idea to have awareness ribbons made up. They are hot pink and say,'unite for Georgia' on one end and 'cure SMA' on the other. Thank you yet again Tanya. I have shared this idea with the Strongs and am sure that it will be passed along to all of the uniters.

Another big thank you to Rita for her generous donation for "Unite for the Cure". I have managed to personally put $1700 down towards our goal. I will continue to update all of you.

Next weekend is the big garage sale. Several people have started dropping items off at our house. If you are interested in donating some of your stuff to Pediatric Palliative Care here in Winnpeg please let me know. The girls will be selling lollipops for Unite for the Cure! : )

Am I busy? You betcha! Am I happy? Alot of the time. I am energized, confident and most importantly hopeful! Thank you for helping me get here.

Love to you all,

Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I was so looking forward to hearing how the meeting went and it sounds like it was great!! I am so glad you got the volunteers you needed and the ideas all sound wonderful. I think the ribbons are a fantastic idea (good job Tanya!!) and would love to have some here in Calgary....let me know when they are made etc and we'll make a plan!
    So glad you are in an energized, hopeful place ....you are in our thoughts and as always we are sending our love.
    Love Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen, it's Donna (Blake's Mom from daycare). I have prizes for your fundraiser, would like tickets to try to sell and am in for the t-shirts. Can you please email me the details of where to drop off the prizes dross@mts.net.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed before being published.