Welcome to Georgia's Journey

Georgia Lily Lucas was born at home on October 6th, 2008 4:15am, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) on April 1, 2009.

On April 3rd Georgia was taken home, to be near her sisters and the rest of her family and friends. Nearly three weeks later, on April 21, 2009, she died peacefully -- in the loving arms of her mother and in the same room in which she was born.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mother of 4

I woke up feeling well rested this morning.  I had three kids to get ready and 19 five year olds that would be waiting for me by 8:30. Ready or not there was no pause to my morning.  I was focused on not just getting through but on being present.  I wanted to be able to smile and to laugh.  I have a great life and a job that I truly love.  Not one day goes by that I am not grateful.

Georgia was on my mind from the second I opened my eyes.  This is not a new or strange feeling to me. Most of the time it is comforting. Today however, I had to keep pushing her out. Today is a heavy day and I wanted to be a good teacher and a good mom to all 4 of my girls. Do you know how hard that can be sometimes?...

I did a really good job this morning. While I avoided the memories, I made breakfast and got ready. I chatted with Calla and brushed Aria's hair. I made sure Maya was organized for this afternoon.  I went to work and I had fun with my students. I smiled, ALOT. I am pretty sure I must have laughed too. I was a good teacher despite of what I was carrying in my heart.

And then with my few precious moments this afternoon came the rush of memories and the flood of tears. The weight of having said good bye on this date is crushing - literally it is a feeling of heaviness in my chest. And for a few moments I let myself be lost in it. I let the pain crush me and the memories overwhelm me.... I wrote years ago about the feeling of being hit by a truck and it still holds true.  I can get up much faster now but I'll never get off the road.

But now, Aria is waiting to play a game and shortly I will pick up Maya to take her to a dance competition. The sun is shining and if I am quiet I can hear the birds chirping.  I am excited for Maya. I don't want to just sit and watch her dance. I want to have fun with her and celebrate these moments.

I want to be present for all my children and celebrate them always. So now, like any other grieving mother with living children I wipe away my tears. I brush my hair and slap a smile on my face. It will take a few minutes but eventually the smile will feel genuine. The feeling of my heart being crushed will ease slightly and I'll go on with my day.  I know this to be true because grief and I have become well acquainted. It has been seven years and I will forever be a mother of 4.

1 comment:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patient we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com . We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Autism,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Tay tach disease,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, Seizures, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed before being published.