Welcome to Georgia's Journey

Georgia Lily Lucas was born at home on October 6th, 2008 4:15am, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She was diagnosed with SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) on April 1, 2009.

On April 3rd Georgia was taken home, to be near her sisters and the rest of her family and friends. Nearly three weeks later, on April 21, 2009, she died peacefully -- in the loving arms of her mother and in the same room in which she was born.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Missing Paragraph

Georgia would have been 3 years old this year. I imagine that I would have had her registered in Kindermusik and she would probably have danced on Tuesday mornings with her friend Ruby. She would have started preschool this past September. I would have had so much fun doing up her thick hair every day. I imagine that she would have loved singing Christmas Carols and listening to Calla sing in the choir. I can imagine her giggling with Maya as they played games in the morning and tried to decide what to wear every day. She would have started skating lessons this year. I am sure that Calla and Maya would have taken her by the hand. She would have been a big sister to Aria. I picture her trying to teach Aria the words to songs and playing dolls with her.

As Chrismas approaches I feel her absence more than ever. I wish I were buying her presents and going to her preschool concert. I wish that I could see her dance, and smile and play. I wish that I could hear her sing...

1 comment:

Comments will be reviewed before being published.